Swimming is a fun way to stay cool and be active. Before div-ing in, make sure you know these tips for staying healthy and safe while swimming:
- Avoid swallowing pool water or even getting it in your mouth.
- Shower before swimming and wash your hands after using the toilet or changing diapers.
- Take children on bathroom breaks or check diapers often.
- Keep an eye on children at all times. Kids can drown in seconds and in silence.
- Never swim alone or in unsupervised locations. Teach children to always swim with a buddy.
- Don’t use air-filled swimming aids (such as “water wings”) with children in place of life jackets or life preservers.
For more information, contact the Center for Disease Con-trol at 1-800-CDC-INFO or visit www.cdc.gov or talk to your healthcare provider. Don’t have one? Visit MyRiversid-eDocs.com for more information about the 115 primary and specialty care providers of the Riverside Medical Group.